Pages

A Very Merry Un-Birthday

Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Today's card is inspired by Alice in Wonderland.

DCWV La Creme Stack
DCWV La Creme Stack


I logged into the Silhouette Online store to pick up this week's free shape tool (a peacock pattern) and found myself wanting to look at teapots instead!

The online store had excellent shaped teapots, teacups, even an entire 3D teapot that you could cut and make with the Cameo.

This shaped card was made with Samantha Walker's teapot here, a shape for the Silhouette Cameo.


Using the "base" of the teapot and ungrouping and "unstitching" by deleting the points of the flourish, I used the outershape to make the card base, using Ranger's Inkssentials Wonder Tape to stick the top of the teapots together.

Teapot by Samantha Walker
Teapot by Samantha Walker

The base was made from Ranger Inkssentials Manila A4 paper, and inset was done from DCWV La Creme stack, using the tiled pattern.  Edges were lightly distressed with a foam blending tool using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

A Very Merry Un-Birthday
A Very Merry Un-Birthday

Embellishments are a pearl topped pin, with some ribbon for accent, a clock face brad from BoBunny iCandy "Learning Curve," a found button, rolled rose, the Mad Hatter's hat card, prima flower, typewritten sentiment on kraft paper, flatback pearls from Kaisercraft, and Martha Stewart glass beads. Phew.

Card will even stand on its own "feet" at the base when propping out the back from its fold.  If only I could give this card to myself!

Overall, I think it's quite a cute card but there's somethings I'd like to change.









Perhaps I could make a version 2!  However, I'd have to make my own clock face brad, or find a good source for something so tedious.  I think I could, given that I still have the 7Gypsies Type Key kit that I haven't fully utilised.  I had bought it when I was still quite new to scrapbooking.

I'm on the look out to find some Alice in Wonderland stamps.  There are some nice stamp sets out on Ebay and other sites but I couldn't locate anything in NZ.  I'm wanting the original "wood cut" look stamps from the Lewis Carroll version of Alice in Wonderland, not the Disney version.  Here's to dreaming!  I'll put this on my ScrappyPedia wish list.

Please click through the teapot to find yourself in a wonderland of extra photos from different angles of this card.

Thanks!

Unknown



3 comments:

  1. Adorable teapot card. I wouldn't change a thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! On a side note - is the format too long (too much description, or the list of supplies could do without the words at the bottom of each thumbnail?)

    ReplyDelete